Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Getting back in the grove

Things have been going really well the last week and a half with running.  I am glad that I made the decision to get a coach- I think that the accountability has really helped me stay on track and follow through with my scheduled runs.  For example, I had a run on the books for today and I really DID NOT feel like running.  I woke up really late, had a busy morning, and anticipated having a busy afternoon.  I was falling into my old pattern of making excuses about why I couldn't work out: "I don't have enough time for a 30 minute workout", "I don't have time for a snack, I'll be way to hungry to run", "I have too many errands, I'll just move the run to tomorrow, or the next day, etc".  Well, all of this was going through my head and I just stopped, thought about what I was doing, realized how silly I was being, and went downstairs to the employee gym and did my 30 minutes on the treadmill.  I know that I am still working on making this habit and there will most likely be future days that I have doubts and excuses, and I realize that those may not turn out as well as today, but all I can do is take it one day at a time and today, at least, was a victory :).

Have a good week everyone :)!!

2 comments:

funderson said...

welldone!

oakley said...

-- Keep running like no one is looking.