Friday, June 18, 2010

Great night for a hike

I haven't started my new training program yet (Monay's the day :)) but I didn't want that to be an excuse to not exercise so last night I decided to go on a hike.  I talked Regan into so we packed up the dog and headed to a place nearby called Arctic Valley.  Now, I do consider this a hike but it is a very mellow, low key hike.  It is a gradual uphill climb and it took us about an hour to get to the overlook- I was so bummed that I had forgotten my camera though because it was a beautiful view.  It felt so good to get outside and get some exercise :).  The dog was hilarious, he would run from one side of the mountain to the other (I swear it was less than a minute for him to get from one side to the other)- he was so happy and excited to be out there running circles around us :).  It was a great time for all of us and reinforced my desire to get back into shape.  Hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck to those racing!