Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Running...Finally

I ran last night for the first time in quite awhile (yes, my first attempt at getting my motivation back petered out a bit) and it really felt great.  I only did 1.5 miles (.25 warm up and .25 cool down) with one mile of that being the actual run.  I was pretty surprised that I was able to do pretty much the whole thing with only a one minute walk break in the middle.  It did hurt a bit and I was definitely sucking wind by the end but I was still able to do it and that, for me, was really the most important thing.  I have a new training schedule printed and posted to my fridge and I am planning on sticking with it.  I have put the P90X training off until I get back into better cardio shape.  I was nervous to start it back when I was working out regularly and don't think I would survive (yes, I like to exaggerate...) it right now :).  Still, I am just so happy to have my ankle back to full strength, to feel motivated to run again, and to try and get back to the blogging world.  I really have missed getting up every morning and reading everyone's blogs, I feel like I have missed A LOT!  I am also looking forward to getting in some 5Ks towards the end of summer.  Nothing is more discouraging than signing up and training for a race(s) and then having something like an injury take you out.  But that's life and all you can do is suck it up, accept it, and move on :).  Here's to moving on!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been off track when it comes to running. I just need to get back out there again. Glad to see you are doing it.

Jennifer in Texas
check out my story at http://livingachangedlife.blogspot.com/

Genesis said...

im glad your ankle is back! and dont worry about not being in shape...im sure itll be back before you know it.

p.s. im glad youre back :)

funderson said...

hooray! love to be running again..

Sherri said...

Hooray! I am glad your ankle is better. I am quickly learning that injuries are just part of running! =)

RunToTheFinish said...

oddly I did most of P90 when I wasn't running cause at least with the weights i knew I was making something happen for my body :)