Saturday, July 17, 2010

Great Day for a Run

Today was the perfect day for a run.  It was finally a nice, sunny day but since it's Alaska there was also a nice cool breeze to keep me from melting into the pavement.  I am rebuilding my base right now so the plan for today was to do 1.5 miles (including the warm up and the cool down) but it turned into 2 miles because a moose was blocking my path when I was about .10 of mile from my car.  *sigh* That's AK for you.  The run itself was alright.  My shins got pretty sore about a mile into it (but don't feel sore now which is good) so I walked a bit more than I would've liked.  Overall it was just nice to get out there- two days this week, NICE!  Not much else going through my head right now so I think I will leave it at that :).

3 comments:

Liz said...

Wow - a moose! Well done on getting back running - keep it up!

Sherri said...

Sounds great!

funderson said...

nice!! We never get to see moose.