Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chugging along...

So today was a challenging run.  I had originally planned on running 4 miles (I am getting a little too "stuck" on the 2.5 miles) but when I got on that treadmill it was like I had no energy at all!  I was able to pull out my usual 2.5 but it was rough- it almost felt like it was my first run ever (well, not quite that bad :-)).  I think that since I am starting work this week and am having to get up earlier I am just a lot more tired.  Monday was a great run and even though it was just 2.5 I felt really good - and that was after a three day "break".  I'm not too worried about it though, it really did feel like very low energy rather than sore, tired legs or incapable lungs.  I am planning on doing some intervals tomorrow so I am hoping that puts a little spring in my step, I better get a good nights sleep :-)!

So, as much as I love living in Alaska I can sometimes get very frustrated with it.  The last few weeks have been gorgeous and sunny- not too warm but warm enough to have things melting nice and slow.  I was loving it!  Then low and behold we get a little snow storm on Monday night and now it is cold and snowy (and it feels like winter!) and, to be honest, it really sucks!  I am reading about everyone getting nice warm weather and I get this...bummer for me :( !!  Ok, enough of the sobbing over something that happens every single April...


Happy Hump Day to all and to all a good night :-)!

'Winning has nothing to do with racing.  Most days don't have racing anyway.  Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up'
Amby Burfoot

8 comments:

Genesis said...

even though it was tough, its great that you still got out :)

happy humpday!

Running for Me said...

Good for you on still getting out there and pushing yourself. I struggled last night on the treadmill myself. I had to keep telling myself to keep going, one foot infront of the other.

I understand about the weather as well. It was warm for easter and a couple other days weren't bad. Now it is cold and rainy. Had to turn the heat back on this morning.

Have a good week!

Sherri said...

I had one of those runs yesterday too! It was tough...I felt like it was my first time to ever run! Those days come and they go! Hang in there!

funderson said...

I SO know your pain. We keep getting snow too. Same story every year, but its those teaser days that make it rough I think

AM! said...

Hey, can I just tell you that at the Lavaman triathlon in Hawaii last weekend, all the top age groupers were from Anchorage Alaska. Even the overall top contenders! I kid you not! So...what's in the water up there? It was pretty sweet

Unknown said...

I'm sorry about your weather. Ours is up and down right now! Good job pushing yourself on your run, keep moving forward, that's all that matters!

Suzy said...

We all have tough runs, the important thing is to get back at it. I hope the snow melts soon for you.

Jill said...

Keep sticking with the plan to add a little more, I promise it will get easier pretty soon. And soon you'll be doing marathons and ultras :). I've only been to Alaska once and that was in late May and it was drop-dead gorgeous but man...in my old age, I see why people flock to Florida in their retirement - it was chilly when I was there!! Have a great week running :).